Spring brings to life the hope of green grass and flowers blooming so I thought it was fitting to share a fresh new take on the Easter egg design. I have created a DIY watercolor rose Easter egg tutorial just for you that is easy enough to follow along with. All you need are some hard boiled eggs, watercolor paint, a paintbrush and your own artistic creativity.
Follow along with these step by step instructions to create your own watercolor rose designs.
- Load up your watercolor brush to approximately half its full water saturation, then load up with paint.
- Begin by making a small “c” or comma shape then another one linking into it.
- Next, add more “c” shaped petals, making sure to overlap them while keeping them slightly messy.
- The petals should become longer and fuller in the middle of the petal as you add more petals.
5. If you have a lot of paint on your brush, you should be able to do an entire rose without adding more paint.
6. Once you are done the rose, rinse off your brush and load it up with green paint for the leaves.
7. Add three leaves to different sides of the rose.
8. Allow the first rose to dry before you add a few more to the egg (I usually do two or three).
Even though I share a lot of freebies, I held back for years in starting to paint because I feared failure. As creatives, you and I can be held back due to negative thinking. It might look like comparing your ability to others or not having the confidence to pursue your creative talent or putting your creations out into the world.
But what if you could change that? I have just the freebie for you – The FREE 5 Day Challenge. Enter your email to receive the challenge or Pin the image below to save for later. Thanks!
Remember to pin image to read later or share Pinterest. Thank you!
For more Spring decor inspiration, check out my Spring Home Tour.
I hope you are inspired with this easy DIY to create your own watercolor florals for Easter. If you like what you have read, please share this video, pin an image or leave a comment. Thank you!
May the peace of Christ fill you with hope this Easter as we remember our Savior who died and rose again to give us new life!
Blessings from my house to yours,