I love a good DIY. This DIY craft was perfect for the Christmas season as I was able to use one of my new Free Printable art pieces, the cardinal as the template. This has to be the easiest way to transfer art to fabric. In this quick and easy tutorial, I will show you how to transfer an art print to fabric.
- White fabric of your choosing (I used a white pillow cover)
- Free printable cardinal (print the reverse)
- Jolee’s Boutique For Light Fabrics (5 transfer sheets) or Avery T-Shirt Transfers
- Take one of the transfer sheets and place so that your printer prints on the non red lined side. Make sure to follow the instructions in the transfer sheet package as every printer is a bit different.
- Make sure to print the image in the reverse (for this cardinal image it doesn’t matter as much as it looks just as good either way).
- Cut around the image as close to it as possible.
- Line up your image (facedown) where you want it on your fabric.
- Iron according to the transfer image package
- As soon as you are able, peel off the paper to reveal your design.
This easy DIY craft makes a stunning gift for Christmas. Sometimes we need a last minute gift and this is one you can whip it up in minutes.
To whip up another easy DIY, check out this post for custom dish towels, DIY Dish Towel With Free Art Print.
As a creative, do you struggle with confidence?
Even though I share a lot of freebies and tutorials, I held back for years sharing my creations because I feared failure. As creatives, you and I can be held back due to negative thinking. It might look like comparing your ability to others or not having the confidence to pursue your creative talent or putting your creations out into the world.
Is that you? Have you ever found it difficult to cope with imposter syndrome, your inner critic, fear of failure, perfectionistic tendencies, and being hesitant to share your work? If your answer is yes, I have a Free resource for you. It’s just a click away!
Don’t forget about all of the other Christmas printables available HERE. There are so many ideas for gifts and for yourself. You could use any of the prints to make an easy art transfer as well.
I hope you have enjoyed this post and if you love it please share a comment or pin for later. Thank you!