It is that time of year to get cozy, crafty and Christmas-y. I love taking what I have and making something new and fresh with it. In this tutorial I am going to show you how to make an ornament from my free printable, “These Are a Few of My favorite Things”. You can instantly download this Christmas print from my Free Printables page.
- Print off the free printable
- Mod Podge
- Wood Slice ornament
- Dampened towel
- Pencil Crayons
- String for hanging ornament
This DIY craft is easy but you do need overnight to let the dampened image set into the primed wood slice. I love the rustic farmhouse feel that this DIY ornament gives.
- Download and print “My Favorite Things” print from the Free Printables page.
- Cut out your favorite image that will fit in the wood slice area. Cut away as much of the outer white as possible.
- Put a generous amount of Mod Podge on the front of the image.
- Place face down on the wood slice and remove any air bubbles with a credit card. Let sit for 24 hours. Once the 24 hours is up, take a dampened cloth and leave it on the surface of the wood slice for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the cloth off and test one corner to see if the paper is ready to be removed.
- If the image is not coming off but just the paper, continue to roll off the top layer of paper.
If the image feels too light for you, you can use pencil crayons to darken areas of the image that need it. Add your string and it is ready to display on your tree. This easy DIY ornament makes a lovely gift for a friend, neighbour or teacher.
For another easy DIY gift, try a your hand at a custom dish towel in the post, DIY Dish Towel With Free Art Print. To gift your DIY gift the perfect touch, download the Free Woodland Bird Christmas Gift Tags.
As a creative, do you struggle with confidence?
Even though I share a lot of freebies and tutorials, I held back for years sharing my creations because I feared failure. As creatives, you and I can be held back due to negative thinking. It might look like comparing your ability to others or not having the confidence to pursue your creative talent or putting your creations out into the world.
Is that you? Have you ever found it difficult to cope with imposter syndrome, your inner critic, fear of failure, perfectionistic tendencies, and being hesitant to share your work? If your answer is yes, I have a Free resource for you. It’s just a click away!
If you like this tutorial, “How to Make an ornament From My Free Printable”, please share the love with a comment or pin. Thank you!
P.S. If you have scrolled to the bottom, here is the Pin for later.