I hope you are feeling excited about what you can accomplish this year! In the beginning of this year, I launched the campaign, Dream Big; taking your big goal for this year, challenging yourself and putting it out there for the world to see. We talked about what it means when you vocalize and write out that dream. The reality of it becoming true is clearer than when it stays locked in your mind. Your goal is forty percent more likely to occur because you write it down. That is pretty amazing! Get ready to take action, because in this post I will help you write out your goals with 15 journal prompts.
So as we head into the rest of this year, we need to create habits and patterns that will increase perseverance and drive. To keep your Dream Big momentum going, I will share with you my favorite journal prompts to create a continuous habit of writing out your plan.
Before we dive into the journal promts, I have a few helpful resources that you can grab from the blog and from the Free Printables page to get you Dreaming Big. If you read and get a head start on these four areas, daily journalling will solidify these tasks into habits.
Create & Accomplish Your Dream Goal This Year
This post will walk you through your initial questions, worries and tasks to create a plan to accomplish your dream goal.
2. How to Set Goals to Achieve Successful Outcomes
You will find all of the tools you need to create healthy habits that will set you up for goal success.
3. Dream Big Worksheet
This worksheet available in the Free Printables Section asks five questions involving brainstorming, challenging fears, accountability and documenting success. This worksheet is a must have for starting your goal setting off right.
4. Creating a Monthly Task List
This post will help you with how to schedule your days and weeks in order to stay on course and accomplish tasks that will contribute to your overall goal. Each month I add a new monthly To Do List with an inspiring quote and original artwork for you to download and use from the Free Printables page.
The task list for the month of February features the Red Robin and a quote by Lou Holtz, “A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.”
Journaling is an important habit to record your process through each step on your journey towards your goal. It is critical to write feelings, fears and successes in order to remind yourself of where you are and where you are headed.
To get you started with the habit of journalling, here are my favorite 15 journal prompts to get you motivated. Start with a small amount of time journalling, say 15 minutes, especially if you have not journalled before. Aim for three times a week or more and don’t be hard on yourself if you can only do once a week at first.
- I believe I can____________________ because ______________.
- I see myself accomplishing____________________.
- Today I need __________________ , because ________________.
- I am inspired by __________________, because ________________.
- Describe what fulfilling your goal will look like?
- If you could wave a magic wand and your dream goal was a reality now, what would your life look like?
- Define success for yourself when it comes to your Dream Goal.
- What do you do and say to yourself when something does not work out as planned?
- How can you be gentle and forgiving to yourself today?
- Describe your biggest fear when it comes to accomplishing your dream goal.
- Who inspires you and why?
- What life lessons did you learn last year that have helped you Dream Big this year?
- Name the characteristics within myself do I have that I am proud of?
- What can you do today to remind yourself to focus on the journey and not just the destination?
- List what are you thankful for right now, in this moment?
As a creative, do you struggle with confidence?
Even though I share a lot of freebies and tutorials, I held back for years sharing my creations because I feared failure. As creatives, you and I can be held back due to negative thinking. It might look like comparing your ability to others or not having the confidence to pursue your creative talent or putting your creations out into the world.
Is that you? Have you ever found it difficult to cope with imposter syndrome, your inner critic, fear of failure, perfectionistic tendencies, and being hesitant to share your work?
If your answer is yes, I have a Free resource for you. It’s just a click away!
Remember to pin image to read later or share Pinterest. Thank you!
Don’t forget to grab your FREE Workbook – “How to Make Over Your Inner Critic: Recognize Fear & Step Into Confidence” so, you can confidently show up and share your work!
I hope you are inspired to use the habit of journaling to inspire your Dream Big goal. With regular use of the journaling prompts, you will be able to confidently accomplish each task. Join me on Instagram and Facebook for daily encouragement and helpful prompts. If you love what you have read, please share the love with a comment, share or pin. Thank you!
Blessings from my house to yours,
Leave a Reply