You are created for a purpose, you are here at the right place, at the right time. Say it with me, “I am created for a purpose, to be in this place, at this specific time.”
Does it feel relieving to say it out loud?
With coffee in hand, and a space to have some quiet, you tune in to that still small voice who can’t be silenced anymore. The voice who makes your heart race a little bit and capture a glimmer of hope.
That voice that you hear is your creative longing.
It is not an accident that you have those inner stirrings to do more, to create more.
Remember, “I am created for a purpose, to be in this place, at this specific time.”
Take a moment to check out this opportunity for you in the video below and you could win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Every Business Starts with a Pain Point
When you follow along a path that you “should” be following, there is inevitably some fallout along the way. And you can miss your true calling.
While in the midst of a counselling career and raising children, I became aware of my longing to create, a longing that had always been there.
I wanted to paint, create art and share it with the world. I knew that was my God given purpose, I just had absolutely no idea where to start.
I also realized there were very little resources out there designed for creatives on how to get a business started. All I experienced in my research were courses for online business entrepreneurs – Marketing majors, business strategists, SEO gurus. It seemed that no one was speaking “creative” to me.
In the middle of my learning journey (and hey, I’m still there), I started to take my counselling tools and apply them to my creative endeavors (Blog, Etsy Store, Wholesale to brick and mortar stores, Surface Pattern Design).
Most of these tools included shifting a negative mindset, targeting anxiety, re-framing mistaken beliefs, journal prompts, 90 Day Goals, etc. You can access these tools in the Goal Setting Freebies Section.
So, seeing the gap in the online resources, I took the tools from my career in psychology and a love for helping others to teach Creatives how to set and accomplish their creative goals.
Helping You Build Your Business
What started as my own art discovery journey turned into a desire to help others achieve their Big Dream Goal.
So, Dream Big was launched in 2019 with the signature course, Believe & Achieve: The Mindset Shift Method to Achieve Your Creative Goal Dream Big is a two part course completed over 6 weeks with a Private Facebook Group of like minded peers.
Hear from one of my students the impact of the Goal Setting Workbook that accompanies Believe & Achieve.
Seeing the need for more specific services in the area of how to develop a creative business, I decided to trade in my Counsellor hat for a Creative Coach one to offer one on one services virtually.
So without further adieu, I am pleased to announce the launch of a new program, 1:1 Creative Business Coaching.
You will have access to one on one coaching for your specific creative goal or creative business. Doesn’t that sound dreamy?
Here are a list of questions that you might be asking as you ponder Creative Business Coaching.
1) Who is Creative Coaching For?
- You identify as a Creative whether it be practiced as a hobby, side hustle or business
- As a Creative, you have a specific goal and/or for your business to create revenue but you are stuck in the “I don’t know what to do next” mode
- As a Creative, you have the drive to put your energy into a creative career or side hustle
- As a Creative, you have the commitment to put in the time it takes to build a business or reach your goal
2) What Creative Coaching is
- Time specific, goal driven, one on one sessions via virtual platform
- Specific, personalized, collaborative plan agreed upon prior to commencement
- Email check-ins, homework and assignments tailored to your goals
- Free assessment to see if the program is a fit
3) What Creative Coaching is Not
- Individual Counselling
- Treatment for Mental Health
- Relationship Counselling
- Family or Child Counselling
- Advice Giving
4) Who is the coach behind Creative Coaching?
Hi friend, Darlene Brink here 😊 So, you may already know who I am but in case you do not, here is the Coles Notes version.
- I have experienced a call to counselling and it has been seventeen years having a Master of Arts as a Counsellor working with Individuals, Couples and Families specializing in Addictions and Anxiety
- For my first online school, I launched Dream Big with my first signature course, Believe & Achieve: The Mindset Shift Method to Achieve Your Creative Goal
- My Blog, Paper Rose was launched in 2017 and became Darlene Brink in 2020
- After much course work and late nights, in 2017 I launched two online shops, Paper Rose Design Goods on Etsy and my shop here at Darlene Brink carrying Watercolor Art on Home Goods and Jewelry
- And last but certainly not least I am a Watercolor Artist and Surface Pattern Designer
5) How will I benefit from Creative Coaching?
- You will gain confidence to move ahead with your specific business plan
- You will be able to set and achieve concrete, time sensitive goals
- You will implement the resources, skills and tools you need to achieve your goal
6) How is Creative Coaching Different from Believe & Achieve?
- Creative Coaching is a one on one format delivered virtually
- Creative Coaching delves into your specific needs, roadblocks and plan
- Believe & Achieve is a great pre-requisite if you struggle with confidence, anxiety or negative thinking
- Similar material may be covered but not all as it may not be applicable to your goals
7) How do I sign up for Creative Coaching?
Once you click the link that you are interested, you will be put on the wait list and later receive a questionnaire to determine if you are a fit for the program.
If you are a fit, an email will be sent to you regarding what the process will look like and how many sessions I may recommend.
As I use a teaching platform, some of the technical details may differ but I will communicate these changes.
Here is a testimonial from another one of my students.
Testing the Waters
Sometimes it’s good to get your feet wet before you commit to a program, I get it. So, I have compiled my best Free Resources which focus on where to start and how to build a plan. My goal is help you narrow down your goal into attainable, bite sized pieces. Celebrating successes and challenging fears are a huge part of the journey.
Don’t forget my friend, You are created for a purpose, you are here at the right place, at the right time.