September is like the beginning of a new year for so many. I often treat it as a fresh start for my online business. As I am prepared to launch my new 1:1 Creative Business Coaching this fall, I decided to give my office a clean up and refresh. I had a small area of my office wall that was unused plus I wanted to display some of my fabric from my first pattern collection, Blooming & Becoming. With all of those thoughts in mind, I created a display of embroidery hoop cork boards.
- cork hot pads
- embroidery hoops
- fabric measuring slightly larger than the inner part of hoop
- glue gun
- acrylic paint for hoops (optional)
- Start with a basic cork hot pad from the Dollar Store and cut it to fit the size of each of the embroidery hoops I wanted to use. Sand the edges and made sure they fit snuggly into the inner hoop.
- Using my favorite fabric, “Beauty Unfolding” from my Blooming & Becoming Collection, I place it between the inner cork hoop then place the outer hoop over top.
- Trimming the excess fabric, I left enough to fold over and glue to the back side of the cork and inner hoop. (Hindsight, I would have cut more off as I was planning to add fabric to the other side and this excess left the outer rim of the hoop too bulky for the out hoop.)
- Using hot glue, adhere the fabric to the back side of the cork
- Place the outer part of the hoop on the inner hoop and cork to fit.
6. Repeat the same process with a different fabric starting on the back side of the inner hoop and cork
7. Trim off excess and then remove outer hoop, being careful not to move the fabric
8. Use hot glue to adhere the second fabric to the outer part of the inner hoop and cork, turning the cork with the fabric as the glue is placed around the outer part of inner hoop.
9. Trim excess fabric
10. Place outer hoop on top of the double sided fabric cork and you are done.
It was important for me to have a functional yet meaningful use for this space. This embroidery hoop cork board has many functions; displaying art, cards, notes and simply just being a piece of art themselves. I love how just a few simple decor pieces can refresh an entire space.
I used lace in one of the embroidery hoops to display my Peony Earrings. As these earrings are their own art piece, I love displaying them among the art.
Are you ready to start something amazing?
Have you ever wanted to start your own business with your handiwork or crafts? Have you imagined opening that online store or selling at the local arts and crafts fair?
Are you struggling to find the answer to, “what do I do next?”
I am here to help you take the overwhelm out of the process to get you from idea to reality. I can help you ACHIEVE your goal and LAUNCH your business. As a Counsellor turned Coach, I have 17 years of experience with helping people accomplish their goals.
I am offering a FREE 15 minute Coaching call to get you started.
So take the risk, jump in and go for it!
What do you have to lose?
Check out the short clip below to get inspired!
Click HERE to grab your 15 Minute session.
Oh, and speaking of FREE, I have something to start your plan today!
It is called the Creative Clarity Workbook. It will walk you though these key Preparing and Planning components of successfully launching:
- Core Values
- Changing negative beliefs into Affirmations
- Creating a Vision Board
- Vocalizing and Visualizing your Dream
- Creating Community
- How to take Action
Remember to pin image to read later or share Pinterest. Thank you!
I hope you love this easy embroidery hoop cork board to help refresh any space in your home.
If you like this home decor DIY please share the love with a comment or share to Pinterest. Thank you!
Blessings from my house to yours,