Recently, I shared the easy DIY Fabric Mouse Pad using fabric called “Pink in Full Bloom”, from my first pattern collection, Blooming and Becoming. So today, I want to share the matching diy fabric wrist rest.
This DIY sewing project is almost as easy as the DIY Fabric Mouse Pad, although there is minimal sewing with a machine involved.
- printed or floral fabric of your choosing (cut a rectangle 12″ x 18″)
- white cotton fabric (same size as printed fabric)
- sewing machine
- Cut your fabric to the measurements given in the supplies list
- With right sides together, sew around the rectangle of white fabric leaving approximately 1/2″ seam allowance. Leave 2″ opening so that you can turn your “pouch” right side out. Clip the corners.
- Using a funnel, fill this pouch with rice about half full.
- Close off the opening with a machine stitch or hand stitch.
- Take the printed or floral piece of fabric and sew a hem approximately 1/2″ (Right side in) on both shorter ends.
6. Wrap the floral fabric right side in, around the white fabric rice pouch to see how well it fits.
7. Sew both ends with a 1/2″ seam allowance.
8. Turn right side out.
9. Fit rice pouch inside, adjust the seams if the pouch seems too loose in the fabric covering.
10. Turn over to hide the opening and it is ready to use. Outer fabric can be removed for washing.
You will love how easy and effortless this DIY fabric wrist rest it. I was able to complete it in about 15 minutes and use it immediately.
The background color of “Pink in Full Bloom” is a very soft turquoise blue. In addition, the pink of the peonies and the light pink polka dots are a perfect fit for my office space. The walls of my office are a soft robin’s egg blue, which is called Innocence from Benjamin Moore.
Take a try at this easy and effortless DIY craft and you will be proud of your results.
Even though I share a lot of DIY projects, I held back for years in starting to share because I feared failure. As creatives, you and I can be held back due to negative thinking. It might look like comparing your ability to others or not having the confidence to pursue your creative talent or putting your creations out into the world.
But what if you could change that?
I have just the freebie for you –
Do you want to build a creative business but are struggling to find the answer to “what do I do next?”
I can help you GAIN CONFIDENCE and CLARITY to achieve your goal.
I can help you ACHIEVE your goal and LAUNCH your business. I help take out the overwhelm.
The Freebie is called the Creative Clarity Workbook. This workbook will walk you through the key Preparing and Planning components of successfully launching:
- Core Values
- Changing negative beliefs into Affirmations
- Creating a Vision Board
- Vocalizing and Visualizing your Dream
- Creating Community
- How to take Action
If you have liked what you have read, please share the love with a comment or a Pinterest share. Thank you!
Blessings from my house to yours,