I love a good handmade gift that is not only beautiful but useful. In this tutorial, I walk you through step by step how to make your own custom DIY dish towel with free art print. What is lovely about this tutorial is you can use any of the art prints in the Free Printables gallery. I chose two different chickadees that I had painted originally as a print.
- White dish towel or hand towel of your choosing (preferably a smooth fabric)
- Free printable (print the reverse)
- Ink Jet Printer
- Jolee’s Boutique For Light Fabrics (5 transfer sheets) or Avery T-Shirt Transfers
- Take one of the transfer sheets and place it so that your printer prints on the non red lined side. Make sure to follow the instructions in the transfer sheet package as every printer is a bit different. Make sure to print the image in the reverse (for this chickadee image I did both ways to make them facing each other).
- Cut around the image as close to it as possible.
- Line up your image (facedown) where you want it on your fabric.
- Iron according to the transfer image package. Do the same technique for the other two chickadees.
- As soon as you are able, peel off the paper to reveal your design.
- Enjoy your new custom tea towel!
This custom printed dish towel would make a lovely gift wrap as well.
As a creative, do you struggle with confidence?
Even though I share a lot of freebies and tutorials, I held back for years sharing my creations because I feared failure. As creatives, you and I can be held back due to negative thinking. It might look like comparing your ability to others or not having the confidence to pursue your creative talent or putting your creations out into the world.
Is that you? Have you ever found it difficult to cope with imposter syndrome, your inner critic, fear of failure, perfectionistic tendencies, and being hesitant to share your work? If your answer is yes, I have a Free resource for you. It’s just a click away!
This tutorial would be equally as lovely as a hand towel for a powder room. If you like this tutorial, please share the love with a comment, share or pin. Thank you!
May the peace of Christ bless you richly this Christmas season,