There is something nostalgic and retro about bottle brush trees for me. I love how there are so many colors available and the variety of ideas that can come from them. They are hard to find in stores, so I went online and found a large package of them for a very reasonable price. And because I love using faux snow, I went ahead and made my own for this DIY bottle brush tree craft.
Bottle brush trees of various sizes
hot glue gun
large hurricane lantern
- I used about 1/2 cup baking soda and then added about a teaspoon of water
- Then I mixed it with a fork.
- I used three different sized glass jars (one was from a used candle, mason jar and hurricane lantern) and used hot glue to glue the trees where I wanted them.
- I arranged an odd number of trees per jar
- Then I carefully added the “snow” to the sides of the jar until I had the amount I wanted. It really does look like snow!
The mix of all the different types of greenery creates a lovely Christmas vignette. I utilized the felt leaf wreath that I made last year as a backdrop. And I purchased the Farm Fresh Trees sign from a local artist. I think it brings the scene together beautifully.
I love these bottle brush trees so much, as well as the real evergreens, I have a free printable tree card on the Free Printables page. Just click to download and print on card stock.
Even though I share a lot of freebies, I held back for years in starting to paint because I feared failure. As creatives, you and I can be held back due to negative thinking. It might look like comparing your ability to others or not having the confidence to pursue your creative talent or putting your creations out into the world.
But what if you could change that? I have just the freebie for you – The FREE 5 Day Challenge. Enter your email to receive the challenge or Pin the image below to save for later. Thanks!
Remember to pin image to read later or share Pinterest. Thank you!
I hoped you have liked this easy DIY bottle brush tree craft for the holiday season. If you have liked what you have read, please share the love with a pin or a comment. Thank you!
Blessings from my house to yours,